Fara is a family-owned and operated company established in 2016. The company is based on the outskirts of KEF (Reykjavik) International Airport nearby the hotel cluster in Keflavik town.
We provide high-quality recent model SUVs and cars to fit your needs. Our service excellence and partnership with a nationwide network of partners ensure that your exploration of Iceland can be carried out with a high degree of safety and confidence. Our company has received awards for excellence. Our staff are friendly, knowledgeable and professional and will inspire and exceed the expectations of our customers. Fara is an Icelandic word that translates in English as “GO”.
Our opening positions:
1. Rental agent
- Informing customers of rental program requirements.
- Actively communication with Service Advisors
- Verifying driver license and insurance information.
- Respond to customers questions, anticipating & responding to customer needs
- Completing rental agreements in accordance with rental program policies & procedures
- Creating/updating sublets for service customer.
- Completing the return of rental agreements with inspection of vehicle and fuel level.
- Add/retire rental vehicles from inventory
- Maintain inventory on total units
- Have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Have a positive upbeat attitude.
- Be willing to go above and beyond for customer experience/satisfaction.
- Have a sense of professionalism and be able to smile in the face of adversity and demanding clients.
- Have the drive to learn and progress within the company.
- Be skilled in typing and using a computer based programming.
- Be organized and detail oriented with paperwork and filing.
- Able to handle multitasking (being able to handle two or three customers at the same time while verifying information).
- Have great phone etiquette
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
2. Maintenance Technician
- Perform complete vehicle maintenance inspection, including tires, brakes, and all fluid levels.
- Perform preventive maintenance (oil change and tire rotation) service according to the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Repair and replace tires.
- Replacement of wearable parts (i.e. bulbs, wipers).
- Maintain vehicle repair history by documenting a Repair Order to accurately reflect steps taken and part(s) used during the repair.
- Comply with part and inventory tracking procedures.
- May process new fleet, fuel reclamation
- Maintain safe and clean work area.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma
- Previous technician/mechanical experience preferred.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years
- Must not have any drug or alcohol-related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years.
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak English.
3. Vehicle Detailer/Car Washer
- Interior detailing to make vehicle appearance look like new.
- Exterior washing using provided facilities such as water spray wands
- Ability to work in various weather conditions including rain, snow, wind, heat, etc.
- Capable of performing all duties in a safe and timely manner.
- Clean the interior and exterior and exterior of vehicles demonstrating strong attention to detail.
- Skilled at identifying vehicle damage.
- Perform regular maintenance such as checking tire pressures, fluid levels, and gas levels with caution and efficiency.
- Perform regular maintenance, such as checking tire pressures, fluid levels, and gas levels with caution and efficiency.
- Available to work a varied and flexible schedule, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Driven, self-motivated, personable and dependable.
- Previous detailing experience is a PLUS!
- Available to work a varied and flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to follow direction
- Clean driving record
- All applicants must have a valid Driver’s License and must be able to pass a drug and background screening.
If you think you are the right person for this job, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org