A 4×4 is the ideal vehicle to explore the dramatic scenery and nature that Iceland has to offer. Although a fair number of roads are paved a great number of roads are of a type known as gravel. Due to the vast road system even the paved roads sometimes somewhat undulated. The longer suspension length of a 4×4 makes for a more enjoyable journey both on paved and gravel roads.
The Volvo XC90 4×4/SUV offers a superb package of capability with comfort. Our Swedish cousins have conjured up a vehicle that is supremely matched to the challenging Icelandic road conditions. The vehicle offers comprehensive safety features, including a unique Roll Over Protection System (ROPS).
- Office pickup/drop off (Airport pickup up/drop off available with surcharge)
- WiFi Service (Portable 4G WiFi Router)
- Latest Model Garmin SatNav GPS
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Instruction on operation.
- Unlimited mileage
- CDW Insurance – For more details see terms & conditions.
- 7 seats –2 at the front plus 3 in the middle row and 2 at the back all in leather
- Automatic climate control
- High performance audio system with CD player and AM/FM Radio
- 218mm ground clearance
- Haldex AWD with Instant Traction
- Superior Volvo safety levels
- Integrated child booster cushion
- Fitted with Cooper Discoverer A/T3 tyres, 60% on road 40% off-road bias. A superb tyre for Icelandic conditions. In winter we fit studded winter tyres from Cooper Tyre & Rubber Co to ensure maxium traction and safety on snow and ice
- Smooth and efficient 5 cylinder 2.4L diesel engine and automatic transmission
- Roof bars plus roof box and/or bicycle carriers
- Tow bar
- Camping pack
- Camping pack in roof box
- Camping pack in a trailer
- Baby seat or child seat