THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED.
We are looking for a photographer to explore Iceland in a 4×4 and capture images of the Northern Lights for use across our website and social media.
You don’t need to be a professional photographer to apply, just someone with a passion for travel and telling stories through imagery and video.
The successful applicant will get the opportunity to drive around Iceland for a week in a rental 4×4 car that will be completely free of charge. Here, you can experience the land of fire and ice, plus you will be paid 35,000 ISK (around £200) for your time and effort.
During the week, you’ll be free to explore Iceland as you please – visit the natural phenomena of geysers and hot springs, drive the Golden Circle to learn about the country’s history, see the volcanoes and glaciers that create a landscape that is like nowhere else on Earth.
The main focus of the trip though is to watch the Northern Lights dance across the sky, or aurora borealis as they’re officially known, and capture the beautiful waves of light on camera. Therefore, the trip will take place during April 2022, when the night skies are dark enough to see the phenomenon.
We are very excited to offer this incredible opportunity for someone to explore one of the world’s most beautiful countries and hone their photography skills by capturing images and videos that will help to showcase the once-in-a-lifetime experiences that Iceland offers to travellers.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be our Northern Lights photographer, read on below for everything you need to know and how to apply.
Who We Are Looking For
You don’t need to be a professional photographer to apply for this role but you do need to know the basics. Have a look below at the skills and attributes we are looking for from the successful candidate:
- Basic understanding of the principles of photography/videography and editing
- Ability to capture video footage using a range of recording tools
- Enthusiasm for photography/videography as a medium for communication and storytelling
- A passion for travel and exploring the world
- Open, friendly and a great communicator
- A natural storyteller who can bring the experience of our tours to life
- Available for a week in April 2022
- A full, clean, International driving licence and be aged over 25
What You Will Get
The successful candidate will travel around Iceland for one week in one of our rental 4x4s. The role offers:
- Free 4×4 rental car for the duration of a week
- 35,000 ISK (around £200 or $273.50)
- The chance to hone your photography/videography skills and add to your portfolio
- The opportunity to explore one of the world’s most diverse countries
How to Apply
If you think this role sounds right for you, simply apply by filling out this application form telling us why you are the best candidate for the role.
You don’t need more than 500 words in your description, but make sure to tell us about your photography/videography experience, why you love travel and adventure, and some details about your personality.
We look forward to hearing from you, and good luck!
Make sure to read the terms and conditions before entering.